Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
The Lean Startup - Half Day Workshop with Eric Ries
Thursday, August 20, 2009 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM (MDT)
Eric Ries is the author of the blog Lessons Learned. He was the co-founder and served as Chief Technology Officer of IMVU, his third startup. He is the co-author of several books including The Black Artvof Java Game Programming (Waite Group Press, 1996). In 2007, BusinessWeek named Ries one of the Best Young Entrepreneurs of Tech. He serves on the advisory board of a number of technology startups including pbWiki, Smule, 750i and KaChing.
Eric will lead an in-depth half day workshop on the approach of the Lean Startup, including:
- How to scorecard the health of your startup.
- How to radically improve cycle time -- from ideas to implementation to assessment -- and focus on the cycle times that matter.
- How to build actionable metrics (and how to ignore vanity metrics).
- Techniques to mitigate the biggest risk for startups: that no customers will buy its products.
- How to identify what customers want to buy before building or making follow-on investments in new features.
- Ship products as fast as multiple times a day while improving quality and lowering costs.
- Build a company-wide culture of decision-making based on real facts, not opinions.
- How to avoid “core incompetencies” that derail most new product initiatives.
- How to find and retain profitable customers.
This workshop is sponsored by TechStars.
Book your ticket early - we expect this event to sell out quickly.